Tips for Morning Drop-Off
Tips for Making the Morning Drop-Off Safe and Efficient for All
- Students can enter the school from 7:20 – 7:30 a.m. and are tardy if they are not seated in their classroom by 7:35 a.m.
- Leave home early, many families may be in a rush in the morning, by adjusting the time you leave your home, you can reduce the sense of urgency.
- Control your speed and stay in your lane.
- Encourage students to be ready to exit the car quickly.
- Pull forward past the main entrance to take advantage of the full length of the sidewalk this will allow more cars to drop simultaneously.
- Have students sit on and exit from the right side of the vehicle.
- The parking lot is for parking, trying to use it as a second drop-off lane creates safety challenges.
- The drop-off lane is for parents who stay in their vehicles, if you need to exit your car, please park your car in the parking lot.
- If you choose to park your car in the parking lot, we ask that you walk with your student to help them cross safely.