April 4, 2018
All K-8 students and families are welcome to attend our Spring Open House to see everything our students have done and learned about computer science, technology and coding.
Join us in the gym as a group of our 5th graders will walk us through our computer science journey before heading to classrooms.
We hope to see you there!
The 2017/2018 yearbook is on sale now for only $25 until March 2, 2018. The price will increase to $30 on March 3, 2018.
This is the lowest price of the year so buy your yearbook now! Reserve your copy online at www.PictavoCommunity.com Email Lgozun@d56.org for any questions.
The deadline to order is March 16, 2018.
Online Ordering Instructions: (a minimal processing fee is added when ordering online and using a credit card-$1.32 for a regular yearbook and $1.62 for personalized yearbook).
- Go to www.PictavoCommunity.com
- Click on the blue bar: ‘Shop your School’
- Find ‘River Trail School’ using the drop-down menus:
- (Select the state, city and school name)
- Select ‘Yearbooks’ or ‘Personalized Yearbook’(personalize your students yearbook for an additional $7. Their name or a quote, plus up to 4 icons will be inscribed on the front of the book)
- Click ‘Order’ and ‘Add to Cart’
- Enter your students name and select their Grade/Homeroom.
- Agree to Pictavo Terms of Sale and proceed to ‘Checkout’.
*If you wish to create an online Pictavo account, River Trail School ID # is 71442
River Trail Wins Gurnee Mills Bucks for Books Contest!
For the second year in a row, River Trail took first place among all Gurnee schools in the Bucks for Books contest. Gurnee Mills donated $10,000 to Gurnee schools for this competition. River Trail received the first place reward of $3,500 to purchase items for the school.
Thank you Gurnee Mills and all the families who sent in receipts this year!
Congratulations to our 2018 Spelling Bee winner Shria and runner-up Olivia!
:56 in 56
Gurnee School District 56 is proud of our video series ":56 in 56" that celebrates our incredible staff and shares the stories of who they are. Each 56-second video focuses on a staff member(s) in our district. The backbone of our District is the outstanding, dedicated staff that work with our students on a daily basis. We hope you enjoy getting to know our staff better as we celebrate those who exemplify the "Spirit of 56." This video celebrates Mr. Eric Esteban & Mrs. Stephanie Esteban. Please click on their picture to watch their video. To view previous teachers :56 in 56 videos click on View All.